The Defilers: Latest The Defilers news

Winner of the 2005 Best New Canadian Christian Author Award.

Latest The Defilers news

Yesterday I signed books at Salem Storehouse on Merivale Road in Ottawa. The first person who came had heard me on the Michael Harris radio program June 28. She had run out to buy a book after that show and brought it in for me to sign. Then she bought three more as Christmas presents. Michael had me on for the whole two hour show and gave me a chance to share the story of my adult conversion to the Christian faith.

Well, back to the book signing. I didn't have a big line out the front door and around the corner. We sold about eight or nine books, all the copies of The Defilers Salem had in stock except for one. Other book signings that I've been to though have been slower than that, so that's okay. But something happened that looks like a divine appointment. I sure hope so, anyway.

At 1:10 p.m. I headed out the door with my big poster of the book cover to my car and a woman came up to me in the parking lot and asked if she as too late. I told her there was one copy left. So I went back inside with her. Turns out she never listens to the radio, but happened to hear me on the Michael Harris program. She told me she stayed in her car to listen to the whole thing. Then two weeks later, she just happened to be listening to the radio again, this time at night and heard me on John Counsell's Ask the Pastor, also on CFRA radio. At the end of that show, I mentioned I was going to be at Salem, so she planned on being there. She came up from a town that's a good 45 minutes drive from Ottawa and got lost. She arrived just as I was leaving and only one book remained. She told me about someone she wants to give the book to and I have promised to pray for that individual.

Find the Michael Harris show here. (Thanks to CFRA and to Tony Copple, who put it online for me!)

Pictures of the June 1 Ottawa launch of The Defilers here, a news release on the event here, and Pastor Doug Ward's remarks at the launch here. Doug, who pastors Kanata Baptist Church, was my M.C.

Next book events will be in Nova Scotia. I will be at Blessings Christian Marketplace in Halifax from 10:30 to noon August 19 and that afternoon at the Blessings Store in Dartmouth from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home