The Defilers: Redemption and hope

Winner of the 2005 Best New Canadian Christian Author Award.

Redemption and hope


Now that TheDefilers.ca has a new web design, and features stories that touch on some of the darker subject matter of the novel, I've realized I need to also include hope and redemption and the triumph of good over evil.

Some people might plug in some key words and be attracted to the site because they are attracted to darkness. Some may come over because they are in bondage to it. I wrote The Defilers because I know what it is like to be a captive, a slave to sin, lost in confusion and spiritual darkness. I know how painful it is to not be able to do the good things that you know are wise. While my sin may be small potatoes compared with the kinds illustrated in the news stories highlighted here, any kind of sin defiles you and impairs your relationship with God.

As Job once cried out, "I know my Redeemer lives." I know He lives and if you want to know Him, He has opened a way for you to do so. If you would like to know Christ, go here. If you're curious, why not take an Alpha Course?

The picture shows the beautiful interior dome of the Saint John the Baptist Ukrainian Catholic Shrine in Ottawa.

If you are struggling with spiritual bondage and want to break free, I recommend the ministry of Neil Anderson and his Steps to Spiritual Freedom. If you are Roman Catholic, why not consider the wonderful Sacrament of Reconciliation?

Find out who you are in Christ here. Everytime I read and meditate upon the Scriptures that tell me about God's promises, my faith grows and so does my confidence and joy. You can experience abundant life, freedom and joy, too. Don't let the world's defilers get you down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home